- Understand the parts and anatomy of a guitar
- Basic finger/hand exercises
- How to hold a guitar pick/plectrum
- How to read chord diagrams
- Know how to engage in basic strumming and picking of both open strings and single fretted notes.
- Know how to use a tuner to tune your guitar to a standard E – A – D – G – B – E tuning.
- Identify different types of guitars (acoustic, electric. Etc.).
- Be able to play the basic common open chords from the CAGED system.
- Strum Patterns
- Independent Study/Practice + 60 Minutes of one to one online session.
- 12 sessions each booking
The student will be able to apply the required techniques and play 1 slow song and 1 uptempo song.
Students will need to record and play 2 songs (1 Verse and 1 Chorus per song) unassisted and submit for professional comment. A quiz will also be given after each session to ensure the student’s understanding of each topic.
A quiz will also be given after each lesson.